Sunday, February 23, 2014

Ricky's Fish Tacos - LA's Best Fish Tacos!

After just coming back from Mexico City, I couldn't just have an al pastor or asada taco anywhere because I knew I would be disappointed. So I had to go with a California classic, a fish taco. Not any fish taco, but Ricky's Fish Taco. Ricky's Fish Tacos are the best I have had in Los Angeles. They are always super crispy without being greasy. They come topped with cabbage, tomato onion, and just enough jalapeño for a little kick. You can then top you taco with their white cream sauce or salsas. They also have shrimp tacos. The only thing missing for me is lime wedges (and I've been known to take my own). They also have a choice of sodas and aguas frescas - usually horchata, jamaica and cucumber-spinach-mint, which is refreshing and a great compliment to the fish tacos. It's always my choice.

Ricky's Fish Tacos, Los Angeles
Ricky's Fish Tacos is kind of hard to find. There is not really any signage. You will see a food truck and yellow striped awning in the parking lot of some sort of abandoned beauty salon, where someone may or may not currently reside. It's on Virgil just below Sunset Blvd across from the Vons where East Hollywood, Los Feliz and Silver Lake collide.

Ricky's Fish Tacos
Neighborhood: East Hollywood, Los Feliz, Silver Lake
1400 N Virgil Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323) 906-7290


No comments:

Post a Comment