Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Recipe: Mini Bistec Tortas

My trip to Mexico City did me some good. I just made the most amazing sandwiches! I made mini bistec tortas with salsa I brought back from Mexico.


So I halved two small rolls and grilled them with butter. I took some homemade black beans (you can used can beans if you want) and quickly refried them in the skillet while grilling a thin slice of steak (bistec) in the same pan on the side. I then coated the rolls with a thin layer of mayo for moisture. Then I put the refried beans on the bottom layer and topped it with Oaxacan Cheese (this kind is perfect for melting). I put the cheese side straight onto the skillet and let the cheese melt and get crusty. I scooped it up, put on a slice of steak and then finished it with the salsa I bought at the gourmet market in Mexico City. It's a spicy oil with nuts and quite delicious. You can use any salsa you like to spice it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment