Monday, February 17, 2014

Churros & Chocolate: Churrería El Moro

Churros and hot chocolate, El Moro Churrería, Mexico City, DF.

Giant Churro spirals fresh out of the fryer, El Moro Churrería, Mexico City, DF.

After some al pastor tacos, Eme and I headed to meet Tanya and grab some churros and chocolate. Eme told me about this churro place, Churrería El Moro, that served fresh, hot churros. I could smell the dough frying and hot chocolate in the air. But at the same time we were passing a small stand outside serving mole tortas and tacos and I was already being distracted. I later went back for a mole torta. but I had to get to these churros.

Churros, El Moro Churrería, Mexico City, DF.

Dipping my churro in hot chocolate, El Moro Churrería, Mexico City, DF.

We proceeded inside past what seemed to be an endless spiral of churros frying. This quaint cafe has been here since 1935 and the waitresses are in beautiful costume greeting with even more beautiful smiles and a list of hot chocolates from sweet to bitter. The churros arrived and were quickly swept off the plate. They were soft and chewy inside with a crunchy outside made extra crunchy because they were covered in sugar.

Fortunately for me (and you) they are open 24hours a day, everyday of the year. So no excuses!

El Moro Churrería, Mexico City, DF.

Churrería El Moro
Eje central Lázaro Cárdenas #42
06000 Mexico City, Mexico
Metro San Juan Letrán

No comments:

Post a Comment