Sunday, January 26, 2014

"Pine & Crane Noodle Co" Taiwanese Food Restaurant Opening Soon in Silver Lake

Pine & Crane Noodle Co. Logo via Facebook

I'm very excited for Pine & Crane Noodle Co to open in Silver Lake. It's next door to the cafe, Morning Nights in the Sunset Triangle, where I often sit to sketch and get inspired by neighborhood friends. I've seen the construction going on since the end of last year and I'm getting anxious for the opening of this Taiwanese food restaurant. It's going to bring some new flavor to our hood. We have plenty of Thai, Vegan, American options. I don't think I've ever had Taiwanese food per se. I've had Chinese but I know Taiwan is an island that likes to think of it's self as an independent.

According to About.com:
Mainland China's position on Taiwan is that there is only one China and that Taiwan is part of China; the People's Republic of China is awaiting reunification of the island and mainland. However, Taiwan claims independence as a distinct State.
With a mix of Chinese, Japanese and aboriginals, Taiwanese food is bound to have some interesting flavors.

Beef Noodle Soup Spice's via Pine&Crane Facebook
The owner is a young Tawainese woman. I've only met her breifly, but I've seen her buzzing about like a hard-working bee with her family and friends close behind to help. The facade of the old Cru restaurant along with the space next door is shaping up with a fresh look quite quickly.

Tea Tasting via Pine&Crane Instagram

I think this restaurant is going to be special for so many reasons - it's family owned, supporting sustainable, local, seasonal produce. According to a sign in their window nearly all the produce will be from their very own family farm. The menu will consist of "noodles, dumplings, scallion pancakes, beef rolls, plenty of seasonal vegetables, a few of our signature Taiwanese dishes like Three-Cup Chicken and Twice-Cooked Pork. Beer, wine and Taiwanese Teas served alongside."

Pine & Crane Noodle Co
Taiwanese Restaurant
Silver Lake
1521 Griffith Park Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90026

Pine & Crane Instagram

Pine & Crane Twitter

Pine & Crane Facebook

Note in Window

No comments:

Post a Comment