Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I'm Going Bananas for My New Business Cards

Business Cards designed by Xhico
As you may know, I'm not only a foodie, but I'm also a artist, graphic designer, brand consultant and certified weirdo. While I was in Mexico City, I took some of my free time to design myself some new business cards. I started with drawing my banana illustrations at the coffee shop one day. I found out the neighborhood where to get printing done. With my thumb drive in hand I stepped out of the Chabacano Metro station into a neighborhood that is a graphic designer's delight. The smell of ink wafting out of print shops that lined the streets as I passed by looking at all of my options to choose a printer. They were everywhere. Blocks and blocks of off-set, digital, silkscreen, stamp-makers, paper cutters, swag marketing, sign making lined the streets. I remember walking by three woman hand assembling fancy marketing brochures and they were all having such a wonderful time at their jobs. I finally decided on a small booth to do my printing. They would only take a few days, I could get my satin finish and it would cost a mere $140 Mexican pesos.

Let me know what you think about my banana designs. Original banana drawings and soft-sculptures by me are now available online. Please check out my shop and buy a banana!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Your business cards look awesome! I love how you illustrated your profession on them. I'm guessing the bananas represent your being a foodie, and the colors are for your creativity. Regardless, your cards are sure to catch the attention of several interested clients because of the brilliant idea behind them. Thanks for sharing that! More power to you! ;)

    Daryl Cross @ Nahi Gazal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job in designing those business cards, Xhico. Your banana designs look amazing. I love how you associated those sketchy bananas with your profession, both as an artist and a foodie. At any rate, I'm sure business has been doing well these days. Thanks for sharing that! All the best to you!

    Clint Shaff @ Franchise Match

    ReplyDelete