Monday, November 29, 2010

Leftouts: Leftover Turkey? Make Soup

I've been calling "leftovers", "leftouts" for over a year now. My friend from Colombia, Rapetino, had some language mix up while he was visiting and always called leftovers, leftouts. It would make me smile because it was so genuine and quite an adorable mix up. So I've officially adopted "leftouts".

My dad makes good soup (though sometime a little too salty for me). After Thanksgiving he made a Turkey Barley Vegetable Soup with the left over turkey. Mmm... Good. Just shred the left over turkey, throw in some veggies and barley. Cook on low for an hour or so.




As you can see, unfortunately, my dad is still a fan of paper plates, which I am highly against for so many reasons. Please practice sustainability and use real bowls.

No comments:

Post a Comment